We live in a moment of Humanity full of opportunities and challenges: the Digital Age.
In the last decades we have had to adapt and learn to exist, work, study, have fun or relate both in the real world and in the digital world through tools and devices that were not designed to adapt to people, conceived as users who they had to adapt to force so as not to be excluded.
The difficulty of people to function in digital environments, locate the required information, understand it and make use of it; added to the impact generated by the information explosion, it constitutes a problem that makes it increasingly difficult to access, classify and discriminate which data is important or which is false.
Digital services have spilled over into how we relate, how we study, access culture, leisure, consumption or citizen participation … even the way in which religious ideas, political thoughts and revolutions spread is articulated today about information technology, which was originally designed to manage company accounting or pay payroll.
This technology has gradually forced us to change the way we do things in order to favor the mechanisms of data processing, centralizing the attention on the machines and readjusting ourselves for more efficient or faster results.
In this career, technology has become for many people an obstacle, a barrier, a gap that produces exclusion.
From Ubiquo Technologies we believe that it is time to put people at the center, understanding technology as an art at the service of people:
- The digital world and the real world form the inseparable space in which all people carry out their activities today and we work so that they can do so naturally and fluidly, without complexities or barriers.
- Our projects combine science, art and technology to apply it to different media.
- We create solutions but also tools that help others create their own solutions, with a focus on the future. The future we want to create, tailored to the human being.
- We conceive of reality as a whole in which things happen, an operating system where creativity, learning, fun and experiences must be within everyone’s reach.
- Reality is decentralized, it is multiple and people are diverse, in their identity and in their way of developing in it and everyone should be able to participate in equal measure. This is our living space.
- To develop a universal solution for all people, a multidisciplinary approach is required, in which the technological dimension is not in a position of preeminence or subordination in relation to the other dimensions, but forms a rhizome: an image of thought where the organization of elements do not follow hierarchical lines, with a base or root giving rise to multiple branches; but any element can affect or affect any other.
- So there is no center or starting point, we work as a team with a common goal: the inclusion and participation of all people in any context.
We do not impose solutions, we do not believe in users who must adapt to devices and technologies, restricting their ability to create, learn, work, relate or grow in community. We expand the capacity of people in both the real and digital world, because people are always people.
Ubiquo Technologies. Technological humanism